Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Girl Who Read The Girl With Glass Feet.



The Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw

This poignant novel is about an outsider to St. Hauda’s Land called Ida McLaird, who is slowly turning to glass. Ida returns to this magical land hoping to find a cure by searching for Henry Fuwa, a recluse who might be able to help. During her journey, she meets Midas Crook, and they slowly start to fall in love.


Even though we all deny doing this, there is nothing better than reading a novel more beautiful than its cover. The moment I saw this book and read the blurb, I just knew I had to buy it - and I obviously haven't regretted it. The characters in this book feel very real in terms of their personalities and how they develop in the book. The story line was captivating and the description of Ali Shaw's world was beautiful and very deep. There were so many good quotes in this book, before I got halfway through it, I had already planned on reading it again so I can record all the words I loved so much. I honestly love these types of "slow" novels, where the story, the scenery and the dialogue can all be appreciated. I really recommend reading this novel is a breath of fresh air.

Rating: A concrete 5/5.

Favourite quote:
"Hug me."
"I... I'm sorry?"
She opened her eyes a crack. They couldn't focus. Her irises were ash between red eyelids. "Put your arms around me."
Carefully, he reached around her with both arms so his fingers locked across her back.
"You have to squeeze," she whispered, "or it's not a hug."



No comments:

Post a Comment